AUSTIN (KXAN) — Here are Top 5 free weekday events from our partners at Free Fun in Austin:
1. The Austin Symphony Presents Christmas in the Community – Christmas in the Community is a series of twelve concerts held throughout the city of Austin featuring different ensembles of the orchestra playing familiar holiday music. Also featured on this series are members of the Austin Youth Orchestra, who will perform side-by-side with the Austin Symphony. FREE performances this week include:
String Quartet – Monday, December 15 at 1:00 p.m. Delco Center, 4601 Pecan Brook Dr, Austin.
Brass Quintet – Wednesday, December 17 at 6:30 p.m. George Washington Carver Museum, 1165 Angelina St, Austin.
String Quartet – Thursday, December 18 at 1:00 p.m. Asian American Resource Center, 8401 Cameron Rd, Austin.
String Quartet – Friday, December 19 at 10:30 a.m. Gus Garcia Rec Center, 1201 E Rundberg Ln, Austin.
2. Texas Artist Series: Los Texmaniacs – Tuesday, December 16 from 7-9:00 p.m. Enjoy a small venue concert with Los Texmaniacs, a group that mixes the best of Texas’s musical heritage with a contemporary sound. Following the performance, hear from group members about what elements of Texas culture have most impacted their music. FREE but RSVP is required here. Bullock Texas State History Museum, 1800 N Congress Ave, Austin.
3. KGSR Presents Ingrid Michaelson – Thursday, December 18 at 12:30 p.m. To help celebrate 22 years of KGSR’s Broadcasts CDs, Ingrid Michaelson is stopping in Austin to do a FREE show for you. Space is limited, so get there early to save your seat. Central Market Westgate, 4477 S Lamar Blvd, Austin.
4. 6th Annual Posada – Thursday, December 18 from 6-8:00 p.m. Enjoy an evening performance of Ballet Folklorico, Teatro, and Mariachi. Festivities include arts and crafts, piñatas, hot chocolate, and a visit from Santa. FREE! Southwest Key, 6002 Jain Ln, Austin.
5. Trail of Lights (Buda) – Thursday, December 18 and Friday, December 19 from 6-10:00 p.m. Get in the holiday mood by strolling through the park and enjoying the lights. The trail is approximately 1/2 mile long. FREE shuttle parking is available at Cabela’s; no parking is permitted in the park. Walk-in visitors are welcome. Hot beverages and concessions will be available for purchase. FREE! Historic Stagecoach Park, 880 Main St, Buda.