AUSTIN (KXAN) — It’s less than two week until Christmas, and there is plenty to do to prepare. And with the Top 5 FREE Weekend Events from our partners Free Fun in Austin, you’ll make sure to be a busy little elf.
- Buda’s Trail of Lights — Friday and Saturday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Get in the holiday mood by strolling through the park and enjoying the lights! FREE shuttle is available from the Cabela’s parking lot. No parking is permitted in the park. The trail is approximately 1/2 mile long. Hot beverages and concessions will be available for purchase. FREE. For more information, please call the Parks Department at 512-295-7170. Historic Stagecoach Park, 880 Main Street, Buda.
- Christmas Dreams & Snowy Things in Round Rock — Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. There will be real snow activities as part of the fanfare for the Nyle Maxwell Family of Dealerships Christmas Dreams & Snowy Things event. This event will feature snow-filled activities (truckloads of snow are being delivered on-site) as well as giant slides, paintball, tango tower & zip line, horse-drawn wagon rides, Blue Santa donation station, train rides, interactive holiday booths (including decorating your own stockings, Santa hats and cookies, writing letters to Santa), inflatables and rides, concessions, live music (with choirs from eight area elementary schools) and appearances by Santa himself. See photos from last year’s event here. See the video promo for this year’s event here. Admission is FREE! Boles Family Sports Complex, 1605 N Mays St, Round Rock.
- Luminations at Wildflower Center – Saturday and Sunday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Enjoy Luminations, a Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center holiday tradition. Make plans to visit the lighted gardens, filled with thousands of luminarias and twinkle lights. Admission is FREE with two canned food items for the Capital Area Food Bank. In addition to the beautiful holiday lighting, there will be hot chocolate and food for sale, plus children’s activities and musical acts throughout both evenings. Kids can get a hug from Frosty the Snowman and make crafts in the Visitors Gallery. 4801 La Crosse Avenue, Austin.
- Hill Country Galleria Snow Days in Bee Cave — Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. Real snow will be delivered to the Hill Country Galleria! Toss a snowball, build a snowman, make a snow angel, and take fun family photos. Enjoy live holiday music, holiday carolers, and more every day that it snows. FREE! Hill Country Galleria, located right outside the Bee Cave Library, 12700 Hill Country Blvd, Bee Cave.
- Chanukah in the Hood – Sunday from 12 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Celebrate Chanukah at Central Market North with a dreidel spinning contest, arts and crafts, face painting and more. The Yiddish Cowboys will play festive music from noon until 2 p.m., and performances by the Temple Beth Shalom Kids’ Choir, Dell Tones, Austin Jewish Academy and the JCC DanStarz will take place from 2 until 3:30 p.m. Latkes with all the fixings and sufganiot (jelly donuts), a traditional Chanukah treat in Israel, will be available for purchase. Central Market North, 4001 N. Lamar, Austin.