AUSTIN (KXAN) – Approximately 200 people were evacuated from Dobie Middle School due to an odor late Tuesday morning.
The Austin Fire Department tells KXAN they suspect roof construction on the building is the source of the odor. They say it’s non-toxic and allowed teachers and students back into the building around 11:50 p.m.
The Austin Independent School District says students were evacuated for about 20 minutes before a determination was made on the odor.
Austin-Travis County EMS said via Twitter that medics are evaluating five children and two adults.
This is a breaking news story and will be updated as more information becomes available.