AUSTIN (KXAN) — Austin Pets Alive was damaged by fire early Wednesday morning after two separate dryers caught on fire within the past 24 hours.
“This morning, the interior of a dryer caught on fire and melted part of the wall,” said Rebecca Reid, Marketing Manager with Austin Pets Alive.
No animals were harmed but the non-profit is unsure how they are going to afford the repairs and get the towels and blankets washed.
“We are now without drying units in the dog program and we will need to undergo massive repairs in our wash room as well as replace the units in order to continue washing the massive amount of towels, blankets, etc. that the community so lovingly donated in the last month,” said Reid.
Just last month the community came together because the heating was broken. Radiant Plumbing and Air Conditioning donated new heating units worth $12,000.
Austin Pets Alive is asking for volunteers to help with the laundry and if anyone is looking to donate new or used dryers they can call 512-961-6519.