It’s been said timing is everything, and that’s definitely true when it comes to suiting up for a game of blazer tag! Thomas Maione is the owner of Blazer Tag and shared tips and tricks on how to win the game! Blazer Tag is a high tech form of hide-and-go-seek tag for everyone from age 7 to 97. The Blazer tag arena is the largest in Texas and has 3 “real” stories of towers and ramps. Players wear a light-weight vest and carry a futuristic phaser to “tag” opponents with a visible laser light beam and score points. At the end of the game, each player gets a computer-generated scorecard that shows his or her score, hit-to-shot ratio, rank and winning team.
Blazer Tag Tips & Tricks for all players:
- I-Shot (Invulnerable-Shot): Your pack will blink lights for 6 seconds when you have been tagged (downtime). When your lights come on solid, your pack’s computer will turn on the “trigger program” 1/3 of a second before turning on the “receive tag” program. This allows you to fire one to three shots before being tagged.
- Use Your Credits: This one may seem overly obvious but in the heat of a great game it is often forgotten.
* Rapid Fire for 1 credit is a deal if you don’t have a fast trigger finger.
* Mega Power for 2 credits is powerful because it does “double damage” in both points and energy to your opponent (they lose 10 points and 2 energy instead of 5 points and 1 energy).
* Energy for 3 credits is equal to tagging another player (points wise) and prevents or delays you from being deactivated.
Note: Don’t forget – you get 10 points for every credit you spend on any GEM.
- Downtime: You have 6 seconds of “downtime” after you have been tagged. Use this time to get in a position to use your I-Shot. More overlooked is when you tag someone else. This doesn’t give you 6 seconds to stand around. It gives you 5 seconds to try to tag other opponents or to spend your credits. Why 5? Because that remaining second will be needed to try and dodge the incoming tag from that player you tagged 6 seconds ago. Perfect your timing and you will rule the arena.
In addition to Blazer Tag, you can play arcade games, grab a bite to eat, drink, and you can check out the sky trail! The sky trail is a ropes course that is positioned above the arcade, about 20 feet high, and includes seven different and exciting elements, that are sure to challenge even the bravest of the brave. For more details, visit Blazer Tag at 1701 West Ben White Boulevard, Austin, TX 78704, give them a call at 512-462-0202 or visit them online at BlazerTag.com.
Sponsored by Blazer Tag. Opinions expressed by guests on this program are solely those of the guest(s) and are not endorsed by this television station.