Cigarette starts Northwest Austin apartment fire

A Northwest Austin apartment fire was started by a improperly discarded cigarette

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Firefighters put out an apartment fire in Northwest Austin that started from an improperly discarded cigarette. Firefighters were called to the Keystone Apartments on 5230 Thunder Creek Road just after 11:15 p.m. Monday. When the fire crews arrived, they found fire coming from the ridge line of the roof.

They managed to put out the fire in 20 minutes. The fire affected six of the 16 apartment units in the complex and caused $ 275,000 in damage. Meanwhile, there were no injuries.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s