Texas worker dies after electrocution at school

SUNDOWN, Texas (AP) — West Texas authorities say a contractor has died after being electrocuted while working on a light pole at a school. Sundown Independent School District superintendent Scott Marshall says the man was injured Wednesday morning. He was taken from an unidentified school to an area hospital where he later died.

Marshall says no students saw the accident or were injured. The contractor was working on lighting outside the building when he was injured. He hasn’t been identified.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s