ROUND ROCK, Texas (KXAN) — A Businesses in Round Rock’s Double Creek was evacuated due to a gas leak. The Perflurosuccinoyl fluroide has been contained to inside the building. Nearby businesses, schools and day cares are being asked to remain inside.
At 8 a.m. Thursday, employees of Christianson Air Conditioning and Plumbing called 911 and reported they had difficulty breathing. Crews discovered the leak at Exfluor Research Corporation next door at 2350 Double Creek Drive. The Round Rock and Williamson County Hazardous Materials teams moved in to assess the situation. They’ve been monitoring the air around the building and at this point, officials do not believe the gas leak ever got outside of the building.
Officials say they offloaded the gas into a separate container but a gaseous cloud remained inside the building.
The gas is reported to be mainly a skin irritant.
Double Creek Drive is closed between Highway 45 and Gattis School Road. Neighbors are asked to avoid the area.