AUSTIN (KXAN) — For the first time ever, more than 1 million people passed through Austin-Bergstrom International Airport during a month-long time frame.
Airport officials said 1,006,417 people flew in and out of ABIA in July, up 9 percent from last year. It also topped the previous passenger record set in June, when 968,545 people visited the airport. It was the third time this year a monthly passenger record was set. The airport has seen growth in 54 of the last 55 months, dating back to January 2010.
Southwest, American, United, Delta, U.S. Airways, Frontier, Virgin America and Alaska Airlines each saw year-to-year growth.
Passengers by airline:
- Southwest Airlines: 382,935, up 5% compared to July 2013
- American Airlines: 180,345, up 8.5%
- United Airlines: 161,254, up 14%
- Delta Air Lines: 135,643, up 17%
- JetBlue Airways: 48,788, down 25%
- U.S. Airways: 42,012, up 4%
- Frontier Airlines: 16,428, up 28%
- British Airways: 11,308
- Virgin America: 10,991, up 50%
- Alaska Airlines: 10,168, up 1.5%
- Allegiant Air: 4,978
- Aeromar: 1,245