Elizabeth Van Huffel with Local Savour joined us in the studio Tuesday to show us how to make a delicious after-school snack. Coconut & Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Date Balls give your kids the energy they need to fuel them through after-school activities. And it’s a recipe your kids can actually make themselves because there’s no baking involved!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/2 cup agave (or honey)
- 1/2 cup dates chopped
- 1/2 cup semi sweet mini baking chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Makes 18-20 ~ 1″ balls
- In a large bowl combine oats, coconut, peanut butter, agave, dates, cinnamon, salt and vanilla powder. Combine well then add in the mini chocolate chips and continue to gently combine. Place into the refrigerator for one hour to chill.
- Once chilled, roll out into 1 inch balls and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Once all the dough is rolled serve and store any remaining balls in an air tight container in the refrigerator.