In the mood for a cool treat from the Far East with a twist of Texas, try a Green Manalashi. Chef Mason Evans from the Lucky Robot Japanese Kitchen on 1303 South Congress joined us to show how to make this cocktail. Here’s the recipe:
- 16 oz cucumber infused junmai saki
- 3 oz lemon juice
- 3 oz lime juice
- 3 oz agave nectar
- Fresh Thai holy basil, mint and cilantro to taste
- 5 slices serrano pepper, seeded, fine julienne
- 1 oz cucumber seeds
- For cucumber infused sake, marinate 1/2 cucumber in refrigerated saki for 24 hours. Strain cucumbers.
- Muddle herbs, juices serrano and agave, then pour into carafe with saki and cucumber seeds. Fill with ice, serve and enjoy!