Elizabeth Van Huffel from Local Savour joined us in Studio 512 Monday. She showed us how to make a delicious and healthy snack with peaches and oatmeal crisps. Her easy recipe takes only 5 to 10 minutes to prep and just 4 to 6 minutes to cook.
Elizabeth says this recipe works for breakfast or dessert. It serves 4.
For more information, go to her website localsavour.com
- 4 cups fresh peaches chopped
- 2 cups roll oats
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup pecans (or almonds, walnuts) chopped
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place four pint-size containers or jars onto the counter. Place roll oats, pecans, coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt into a large bowl and mix together well. Place a large skillet over medium heat and pour rolled oat mixture into the pan. Give a few gentle stirs will letting the oats turn slightly golden in color and toasted — about 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Next, place 1/2 cup of peaches into each serving container. Top each one with a 1/4 cup of the toasted rolled oats followed by a 1/4 cup of vanilla yogurt.
- Continue the process one more time for each container. Cover each one with a lid and store in the refrigerator. Serve for breakfast, as a snack or dessert.