AUSTIN (KXAN) – Just because the weekend is over, doesn’t mean the fun has to stop.
There are plenty of free events planned in the week ahead, and here’s what our friends over at Free Fun in Austin are suggesting:
- Movie Mondays at Amy’s: Finding Nemo – Monday, August 4 at 8:30 p.m. It’s another awesome summer in Austin. Bring the kids out to free outdoor viewings of classic childhood mooovies every Monday night. Movie starts around dusk. You may want to bring a blanket to sit on. Rated G. FREE! Amy’s Ice Creams, 5624 Burnet Rd, Austin.
- Blues on the Green - Wednesday, August 6 at 8:00 p.m. KGSR’s free concert series is consistently ranked as a top annual entertainment event. Zilker Park will be filled with thousands of people, blankets, lawn chairs, families and music lovers. This week, it’s Charlie Mars with Quiet Company. FREE! Zilker Park, 2100 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Breastfeeding Month Kick-Off Concert – Thursday, August 7 from 6:30-9:00 p.m. Join The Mothers’ Milk Bank for awesome music, prizes, and lots of fun at their third annual Breastfeeding Month concert. Featuring highly acclaimed Austin musician Elizabeth McQueen, this breastfeeding and milk banking awareness concert is FREE and family-friendly! Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- Zilker Summer Musical: Oklahoma! - Thursday, August 7 and Friday, August 8 at 8:30 p.m. Set in a Western Indian territory just after the turn of the century, this high-spirited rivalry between the local farmers and cowboys provides a colorful backdrop for Oklahoma!, one of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s most cherished collaborations. FREE! The City of Austin charges $5.00 per car for parking in Zilker Park. Zilker Hillside Theater, 2201 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Planet Music: American Swing - Friday, August 8 at 7:00 p.m. This month’s Planet Music event will feature live music by Aunt Ruby’s Sweet Jazz Babies and a dance lesson by Samantha Garfield and Alex Gaw. Beginner dance lesson followed by live music, swing dance demos, and more. FREE and family friendly. Dougherty Arts Center, 1110 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.