4 people displaced by SW Austin duplex fire

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Firefighters battled a duplex fire in Southwest Austin Saturday afternoon.

AFD was called to the 4900 block of Cana Cove shortly after 4:30 p.m. Saturday. Crews say the duplex was fully engulfed.

According to investigators, an improperly discarded cigarette started the fire.

Four people were displaced by the fire, and medics treated them on-scene.

One person was taken to the hospital after being bitten by an animal who did not want to evacuate the home. Medics also transported one person who had pre-existing medical conditions.

The fire caused an estimated $250,000 in damage, according to AFD.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus