Turkey fryer sparks North Austin house fire


AUSTIN (KXAN) — There is a safety warning for people who are planning cookouts this summer — all after a turkey fryer caused a fire in North Austin.

It happened on Monday night on 5004 Westfield Drive near MoPac and Koenig lane.

When crews from the Austin Fire Department got there, they found fire coming out of the back of the house — which expanded to the attic.

Crews say the turkey fryer was too close to the house.

No one was hurt, but the fire did cause $80,000 in damage.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s