Food cooking on stove causes fire at Juan in a Million

Fire at Juan in a Million Restaurant.
Fire at Juan in a Million Restaurant.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A popular taco joint in East Austin had a fire scare on Monday evening.

The Austin Fire Department responded to a fire at Juan in a Million at 2300 East Cesar Chavez St. just after 6 p.m.

When fire crews arrived, they found light smoke coming from the back of the building.

After removing the back door, firefighters were able to quickly put out the kitchen fire. It appears food was left cooking on the stove.

No one was injured but the fire did approximately $10,000 in damage. KXAN News spoke to owner Juan Meza late Monday evening, and he said they are working on cleaning up the damage.

The restaurant did not open Tuesday, and Meza said hoped to reopen on Wednesday.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s