AUSTIN (KXAN) — There are plenty of way to enjoy some good fun with your family this weekend. While not everything’s free, we have made a list of the Top 5 free things to do in Austin this week, courtesy of the Free Fun in Austin website.
- Movie Mondays at Amy’s: Bolt - Monday, June 23 at dusk. It’s another awesome summer in Austin. Bring the kids out to free outdoor viewings of classic childhood mooovies every Monday night. Movie starts around dusk. FREE! Amy’s Ice Creams, 5624 Burnet Rd, Austin.
- TEXplorations Family Story Time - Tuesday, June 24 at 11:00 a.m. Where will your imagination take you? At Family Story Time, 2-6 year olds will enjoy a FREE experience just for them with hands-on activities, stories, songs, games, and more! This week, explore journeys through Texas and beyond. Story time is FREE, but regular admission applies if you would like to visit the Museum exhibits. Bullock Texas State History Museum, 1800 N Congress Ave, Austin.
- Movie Night: Singin’ in the Rain - Wednesday, June 25 at 6:30 p.m. Is summer making you nostalgic? We’re watching the lovely black and white classic Singin’ in the Rain. FREE! Read about the new TOMS store here. TOMS, 1401 South Congress Ave, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Thursday, June 26 at 8:30 p.m. Bring your blanket or lawn chairs and a picnic dinner for a fun and relaxing evening under the beautiful Austin night sky. Rated PG. FREE! Republic Square Park, 400 W Guadalupe, Austin.
- Northwest Rec Center’s Annual Summer Carnival - Friday, June 27 from 2-4:00 p.m. Games will be messy; please wear clothes that you do not mind getting dirty. All ages welcome. First 10 tickets are FREE! 25¢ for each additional ticket. Northwest Rec Center, 2913 Northland Dr, Austin.