Family escapes Round Rock fire

generic-fire-truck

ROUND ROCK, Texas (KXAN) – Thick, black smoke was billowing from a Round Rock home early Friday morning.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 2100 block of Jasmine Path at 2:06 a.m.

Police officers were the first to the scene and reported seeing that thick smoke coming from the garage.

Everyone in the house made it out safely.

It took only a few minutes for firefighters to douse the blaze.

Investigators say a dryer is to blame for the fire. The home suffered smoke damage and moderate fire damage to the garage.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s