Small fire breaks out at Lehman High School

(KXAN FIle Photo)
(KXAN FIle Photo)

KYLE, Texas (KXAN) — A small fire prompted Lehman High School officials to close the home economics lab for class Friday.

Hays CISD spokesman Tim Savoy says no one was in the building when the fire broke out in the home economics lab Thursday night.

The fire started in an oven.

District officials say the sprinkler system quickly doused the fire.

School started on time Friday and maintenance crews worked to clean up the limited damage. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus