AUSTIN (KXAN/TiVo) — With Mother’s Day just around the corner, moms who took part of a TiVo survey were asked to name the Best TV Mom of All Time.
TiVo says the survey celebrates everything from the best of TV moms and shows, to whether or not the kids have control over the remote.
What we’re most interested in is that survey-takers say the Best TV mom of All Time goes to “Clair Huxtable,” played by Phylicia Rashad, of “The Cosby Show.”
Perhaps here’s why she won the title:
More of TiVo’s fun findings
- Findings concluded that cooking shows like “Top Chef” were the most popular among 35 percent of moms polled – both to watch and participate in.
- One-third of the moms in the survey named Bobby Flay as their most wanted in-home personal chef from Food Network.
- 50.9 percent of moms said if they had their family DVR to themselves for a week, they would most likely use it to catch up on their own recorded TV shows.
- For with their reality show viewing, 30.1 percent of moms prefer to snack on chips, while 29.5 percent prefer chocolate and 22.3 percent prefer cheese and crackers.
- The “Big Bang Theory” emerged as the top show respondents said their whole family enjoys watching together at 22.5 percent — followed by “American Idol,” with 16.6 percent, and “Modern Family,” with 11.8 percent
- Moms are big on syndication, with “Rachel Green” — played by Jennifer Aniston — of “Friends,” chosen as this year’s all-time hottest TV mom.
- The nostalgia continues with “Jessie Katsopolis” — played by John Stamos — on “Full House,” ranked as the all-time sexiest TV dad, with 34.7 percent
- What about technology and kids? When it comes to kids, 50 percent of moms surveyed said their children know how to use their DVR better than they do. But according to results, moms are in control of the remote.