Round Rock fire caused by propane tank explosion

RR house fire

ROUND ROCK — One person was burned Sunday after a propane tank explosion sparked a Round Rock house fire, city officials said.

The Round Rock Fire Department was dispatched to a home in the 2000 block of James Place at 5:01 p.m. Sunday. Upon arrival, they found heavy flames in the garage.

A resident suffered minor burns to his hands but was not taken to the hospital, a city spokesperson said.

There is no word on the amount of damage, and the investigation is ongoing. Arson investigators were at the home Sunday evening.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s