Condo fire in West Austin sparked by discarded cigarette

Fire on Valleyside Dr. (Juan Salinas/KXAN News)
Fire on Valleyside Dr. (Juan Salinas/KXAN News)

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A fire that broke out in a townhome in West Austin on Wednesday afternoon appears to have been started by a lit cigarette left on a balcony.

Austin firefighters responded to the fire just after 3 p.m. at the Valleyside Place Condos at 6600 block of Valleyside Road.

911 callers said there was smoke coming from a two-story building.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control within 15 minutes but the fire damaged the main unit and two other units had smoke damage. No one was injured in the fire.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s