AUSTIN (KXAN) — Saint Patrick’s Day kicks off the workweek, and there are plenty of things to do.
While not everything’s free, we’ve compiled a list of the Top 5 free things to do in Austin this week, courtesy of the Free Fun in Austin website.
- Big Nate: In the Zone Author Signing and Meet & Greet (Round Rock) - Tuesday at 7 p.m. Barnes & Noble Round Rock is proud to welcome author Lincoln Peirce and his new book, Big Nate: In the Zone. Mr. Peirce will provide a drawing demonstration and sign copies of his books. FREE! Barnes & Noble, La Frontera Village, 2701 Parker Rd, Bldg A, Ste 700, Round Rock.
- Family Movie Night: Brave - Wednesday at 6 p.m. Determined to make her own path in life, Princess Merida defies a custom that brings chaos to her kingdom. Granted one wish, Merida must rely on her bravery and her archery skills to undo a beastly curse. Rated PG. FREE! APL – University Hills Branch, 4721 Loyola Ln, Austin.
- Studio Spotlight: New American Talent/Dance - Thursday at noon and 6 p.m. Have you ever wanted to watch a professional dance company in action? Up-close, personal, and informal Studio Spotlight events give guests a FREE, behind-the-scenes look at the choreography and elements of an upcoming Ballet Austin production, while it is still in the works. Dancers perform excerpts from the show while Artistic Director Stephen Mills and Associate Artistic Director Michelle Martin lead a brief lecture and Q&A. The express lunchtime sessions also include an optional costume viewing and dancer-focused Q&A from 12:30 – 1 p.m. Reserve your seat here. Ballet Austin, AustinVentures StudioTheater, 501 W 3rd St, Austin.
- MamaCents Children’s Consignment Sale - Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Clothing, gear, furniture, maternity, books/educational/homeschool dept., and a boutique area! Why shop retail when you can get the same things for 50- 90 percent less? FREE! Frank Fickett Center, 12500 North I-35, Austin.
- Sunset Cinema: The Goonies - Friday at 8 p.m. Bring your favorite blanket and picnic snack and head to the Whole Foods rooftop plaza. A FREE screening of “The Goonies” will start when the sun goes down. Whole Foods Market, 525 North Lamar Ave., Austin.