Cigarette sparks duplex fire in Round Rock


AUSTIN (KXAN) — Six people were displaced by a fire at a Round Rock duplex after a resident smoking on the patio sparked the blaze.

Firefighters arrived on scene at 1938 Nicole Circle around 4 a.m. and found flames shooting from the home.

With residents still inside the home, firefighters and Round Rock police went into rescue mode, evacuating the home and nearby residents. No one was injured.

The fire traveled up the outside of the home and into the attic, investigators said. Crews were on the scene for about two hours.

The blaze caused an estimated $50,000 in damages. The Red Cross was assisting the displaced residents with housing. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus