AUSTIN (KXAN) – You can leave the car at home and still enjoy everything South By Southwest has to offer.
Capital Metro is extended their service for the festival. MetroRail will expanded their hours, and run more often than usual.
During SXSW, trains will run:
- Saturday, March 8 & 15: 10 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Monday – Tuesday, March 10-11: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday – Thursday, March 12-13: 6 a.m. – 12:30 a.m.
- Friday, March 14: 6 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- Friday & Monday, March 7 & 17 – Regular schedule
- No MetroRail service on Sunday, March 9 & 16
You can also hope on a Capital Metro bus. The Night Owl Service will run every half hour from midnight to 3 a.m., except on Sundays.
And to help out with the weekend crowds, they will provide the E-Bus Service. E-Bus routes 410, 411 and 412 will run Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights from about 8:30 p.m. to 3 a.m.