7 pets die in North Austin house fire

Seven pets died in a house fire that started just before 4 p.m. in the 200 block of Beaver Street in North Austin.

When firefighters arrived at the house, there was fire coming from the back of the house. Firefighters were able to put the fire out within 15 minutes.

While no one was injured, four dogs and three cats died in the fire.

Authorities have determined the fire started from an electrical problem.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus