- Any Texas driver license office during regular business hours
- Select driver license offices Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- DPS EIC mobile station locations, available in select counties.
- Select county locations issuing EICs at local level
- Texas driver license
- Texas personal identification card
- U.S. passport book or card
- Texas concealed handgun license
- U.S. Military identification with photo
- U.S. Citizenship Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization with photo
To qualify for an EIC, an applicant must:
- Bring documentation to verify U.S. citizenship and identity
- Be eligible to vote in the state of Texas. (Bring valid voter registration card or submit voter registration application through the Texas DPS)
- Be a Texas resident
- Be 17 years and 10 months or older
DPS urges all applicants to make sure they have the necessary documentation before arriving at the office.
The EIC can only be used for the purpose of voting in an election, and may not be used as a personal form of identification. There is no charge to qualifying applicants. EICs are valid for six years, and do not expire for citizens 70 years or older.