Cigarette blamed for Austin mobile home fire


AUSTIN (KXAN) – An improperly discarded cigarette was blamed for a mobile home fire Thursday that caused about $12,000 in damages.

Austin firefighters responded to the home at 7601 Daffan Lane in Noe about 9 a.m.

The fire was contained to one room and the entrance of the home. Six people in the home were displaced and were being helped by Travis County Sheriff’s Office victims assistance. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus