LAKEWAY, Texas (KXAN) — Firefighters battled a blaze Wednesday evening that engulfed a two-story home that caught on fire in Lakeway on Wednesday evening.
The fire started around 7:15 p.m. in the 100 block of Morning Cloud Street. An investigation revealed the fire started in the chimney and spread from there.
When firefighters responded, they had to go into defensive mode due to how the fire was spreading due to the winds, said Lake Travis Fire Rescue Chief Robert Abbott.
As of 9 p.m., the fire was under control but crews were stay at the scene overnight to monitor any flare-ups or embers that might fall on nearby homes.
A woman inside the home was able to get out safely.
A KXAN News viewer, Bill Marquardt sent a video of fire coming through the home’s roof.