AUSTIN (KXAN) — Wednesday was a milestone and sign of success for the local tech scene as Austin Technology Incubator celebrated 25 years.
On the University of Texas campus right now, ATI graduated 25 new companies from its ranks.
Add to the total, and ATI says more than 150 companies got their start with them, creating more than 8,000 jobs and having a more than $1 billion dollar impact on the economy.
“The true innovation, the thing that will allow our economy to jump the curve and add productivity into our environment, both economically and from a labor perspective, really comes out of the small startup,” said Josh Alexander with Toopher.
ATI started with UT to help fledgling technology companies get the support they needed to be successful and provide jobs for graduates.
Officials say this year’s class has already raised more $60 million.
The 25 companies honored as ATI graduates were:
- Amatra emergency notification program management tools for federal, local, municipal governments and corporate campuses.
- Aunt Bertha enterprise platform for the social services sector.
- BeHome247 remote premises management and monitoring systems.
- Black Locus automated and optimized pricing tools for mid-market and large online retailers.
- Datical database schema automation software for IT Systems Management.
- Decision Grid big data analytics targeting military and security markets.
- Evocalize (formerly Dish Opinion) enables businesses to collect consumer feedback with intelligence to increase customer acquisition, retention and satisfaction.
- Favor offers anything you want from your favorite restaurants and stores. Delivered.
- FlowBelow aerodynamic products designed for 18-wheel tractor trailer trucks for increased fuel savings.
- Hoot.me Facebook application that makes it easy for students to collaborate with classmates, teachers and tutors online, targeting the MOOC and tutoring markets.
- Ideation Systems dedicated to the promotion of learning and advancement of science through accessible and affordable technology.
- Ihiji cloud based Network Management as a Service (NMaaS) platform for remote monitoring and maintenance of IP-enabled devices.
- Izpitec develops non-intrusive plasma measurement technology for use in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Limelite Technologies commercial and consumer electroluminescent lighting products.
- Loop & Tie makes it easy to send unique, handpicked gifts to large groups.
- M87 delivers the full potential of machine to machine connectivity in the mobile age by moving network routing to the edge.
- Nuve M2M device management platform, initially targeting transportation market. First applications are fuel theft reduction, cement theft and cargo theft.
- Omni Water Solutions specializes in developing and deploying mobile water treatment platforms for reuse initially focusing on the large hydrofracturing market.
- Ordoro shipping and inventory management for e-commerce.
- SalesVu full suite mobile payment platform offering POS-integration, subscription billing, invoicing, e-commerce solutions and report analytics.
- Set.fm iTunes for Live music. Enabling real time commerce and sharing of high quality concert audio.
- Terra Pave International ozone-friendly asphalt substitute for roadways.
- Toopher Invisible Multifactor Authentication prevents online fraud and identity theft by using the location awareness of your phone.
- Xeris Pharmaceuticals drug stabilization platform. First application: diabetes.
- Yan Engines novel D-cycle engine retrofit which improves fuel efficiency by 60%, increases torque by over 200%, and reduces emissions.