New Texas coach Charlie Strong has announced his Longhorns staff, including defensive coordinator Vance Bedford, who held the same position with Strong at Louisville.
Bedford, who played at Texas from 1977-1981, also will coach the defensive secondary,.
Strong also brought former Cardinals offensive coordinator Shawn Watson, who will have the title of assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach for the Longhorns.
Joe Wickline came from Oklahoma State and will be the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach for Texas.
Tight ends coach Bruce Chambers is the only holdover from former coach Mack Brown’s staff.
- Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach: Joe Wickline (Oklahoma State)
- Quarterbacks Coach/Asst. Head Coach for Offense: Shawn Watson (Louisville)
- Running Backs Coach: Tommie Robinson (USC)
- Wide Receivers Coach: Les Koenning (OC at Mississippi State, played WR at Texas)
- Tight Ends Coach: Bruce Chambers (Texas)
- Defensive Coordinator/Secondary Coach: Vance Bedford (Louisville, played at Texas)
- Defensive Line Coach/Asst. Head Coach for Defense: Chris Rumph (Alabama)
- Linebackers Coach/Recruiting Coordinator: Brian Jean-Mary (Louisville)
- Defensive Backs Coach/Special Teams Coordinator: Chris Vaughn (Memphis)
Pat Moorer was named head strength and conditioning coach for the team.