AUSTIN (KXAN) – University of Texas strength and conditioning coach Bennie Wylie said his goodbyes via Twitter on Tuesday. Wylie had been at Texas for three years.
In a tweet, he wished Pat Moorer good luck. Moorer is the strength and conditioning coach at Louisville, and while it has not been made official, it appears he’ll be joining Charlie Strong’s staff at Texas.
Texas defensive line coach Bo Davis also moved on, and has accepted a position at USC.
Strong spent part of his Tuesday meeting with assistant coaches, but has not made any official moves to his staff.
The new coach was officially introduced at a Monday press conference.
Charlie Strong was introduced as the new head coach of the University of Texas football program on Monday. Watch the full press conference in the video above.
Charlie Strong takes over at Texas:
- PHOTOS: New UT coach Charlie Strong
- VIDEO: Charlie Strong introduced as new head coach
- Charlie Strong: ‘Let’s go win championships’
- Red McCombs bashes Charlie Strong hire
- Charlie Strong acknowledges, downplays race
- Meet Charlie Strong and his family
- Companies cash in on Charlie Strong hire
- Longhorn fans react to news of new UT football coach